We've been traveling in New Zealand for the holidays, and we came across this prescription for a great New Year's Eve party.
1. Find a nice little community, preferably on the water on a pretty island, one like Oban on Stewart Island.
2. Have at hand a big pub/restaurant with ample food and drink.
3. Mix in a local band that can play a little bit of everything and put them up on the balcony overlooking the beach.
4. Let this brew simmer; no need to add any extra ingredients.
5. Build a great big bonfire on the beach and light it off after sunset.
7. Enjoy the afterglow!
Happy New Year, everyone.
Rob & Kathy